How We Work
Wellness Network Signature Inititaives
2019-2022 Strategic Plan
Read more about who we are and what we do in our 2019-2022 Strategic Plan and our committee charges.
Goals & Strategies For 2019-2022
The Wellness Network has determined four goals to help advance the mission of the organization:
- Connection and Collaboration: Engage partners across campus to prioritize and incorporate wellness throughout university life.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Integrate diversity and inclusion into the work done by Wellness Network.
- Communication: Highlight the existing ways the UT community prioritizes health and wellness in an effort to increase visibility of how UT prioritizes well-being.
- Administration: Align Wellness Network infrastructure and systems for maximum success as an organization.
The Wellness Network Leadership Team identified strategies to accompany each goal and guide us toward action. The strategies are divided into two categories:
- Internal Strategies: Reflect the work that will be done within Wellness Network teams, committees, and meetings.
- External Strategies: Reflect the work that Wellness Network will do to meet the needs of the UT Austin campus community.
Brittany O’Malley Chair of Wellness Network
Brittany O’Malley is the Assistant Director of Prevention, University Health Services & Counseling & Mental Health Center. In this role she oversees the implementation of evidence-based approaches to address priority health issues on campus. These include multi-level prevention strategies such as peer education, health education, social marketing, social norms initiatives, environmental change strategies, and strategic campus partnerships. Brittany completed her undergraduate degree at Beloit College in Wisconsin and went on to earn a Master of Public Health degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Committee LeadershipKate Lower – Substance Use Safety Committee Chair Chad Zimmerman – Hazing Prevention Committee Tri-Chair Grace Bova – Hazing Prevention Committee Tri-Chair Jenny Walker – Hazing Prevention Committee Tri-Chair Sarah Frey – Forty Acre Food Alliance Tri-Chair Valeria Martin – Forty Acre Food Alliance Tri-Chair Alejandra Marquez - Forty Acre Food Alliance Tri-Chair